You have made up your mind to buy a home, but are you sure that everything else will support you for buying the new home? Even if you go to a good realtor like Blu Skky Realty you will not be able
7 Signs It's Time to Dump Your Realtor ®
If you are using a real estate agent to buy, sell, or rent an apartment, you will need to come to peace with the fact that agents earn their living at your expense -- and probably to a greater extent than you think is appropriate.
That said, you do not, and should not, work with an agent more focused on their commission check than on customer satisfaction.
Customer-focused agents aren't saints or even necessarily someone you might want to grab dinner with when your business concludes. They just happen to grasp two related facts: 1. Careers are longer than a single deal. 2. While a single commission check is nice, client referrals are the gifts that keep on giving to the bottom line.
If you are feeling more like an ATM than a person lately, check to see whether any of the descriptions below fit your agent. It may be time for a switch.
- Missing in action: Skipped appointments, full voicemail boxes, and unreturned messages are red flags that your agent is too busy or has written you off as unlikely to complete a transaction in the near-enough-for-your-agent future.
- Uses high pressure tactics: Your agent constantly pressures you to sign a lease yesterday, make an offer on a place you're not in love with or accept an offer with little negotiation.
- Omits critical information: Neglects to mention that, say, the apartment for which you've just negotiated an offer to buy is actually a short sale.
- Suffers from search-related amnesia: Your agent can't seem to remember the fundamental requirements of your search, such as price range, neighborhood, and minimum bedrooms/baths.
- Stacks the deck: You suspect your agent is showing you a lot of awful apartments in order to get you to like the only decent one in the bunch.
- Agrees with everything you say: Your agent who acts like your employee rather than a trusted advisor who is concerned as much or more with your long-term satisfaction (and, consequently, his/her reputation) as in closing a deal.
- Cuts your appointment short to go to an audition: Agents who works part time are more likely to come up short in time, knowledge and experience. They also tend to be more focused on the short-term payoff of the commission check.
Whether it is your first home or the home you plan to retire in, I will be there to ease the process every step of the way! I find great pleasure in helping people achieve their goals in real estate a....
Latest Blog Posts
Those who intend to buy homes, condos or apartments in one of the waterfront cities will be excited to know that the Virginia Beach, VA real estate offers more than 2000 active houses for sale.